After several temples without Nio it was nice to get back to one with. Temple 18, Iwakuradera, is located at the bottom of Gassan in Hirose.
It was moved to this location in 1187 from further upstream to pray for the success of building the castle on top of the mountain.
Thgere is no information on who it was who built the original castle, nor about the age of the original temple, though it is now belongs to the Shingon sect.
The grave of Yoshiha Haru Horio, the lord who built Matsue Castle and moved the domain headquarters from here to there, though he died before the new castle was finished, so never moved there himself.