Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Izumo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage, Day 5


iz1157

Friday, May 18th, 2012, the fifth day of my Izumo 33 Kannon pilgrimage was yet another glorious spring day. Now I am off the relatively main road and my route will take me east through the inner Izumo area.

iz1158

There is virtually no traffic, save the occasional postman on his moped or a farmer in his kei truck.

iz1159

There won't be any villages until I come down into a river valley. Only scattered farms. This the the kind of country I love walking the most in Japan.

iz1160

The paddies here are planted a week or two later than down in the lowlands....

iz1176

1 comment:

  1. "This the the kind of country I love walking the most in Japan."

    I would like also walking through these places

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails