Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fall Colors at Usa Hachimangu


k9454

Hachimangu shrines are the most common type of shrine found throughout Japan, and the Hachimangu in Usa, Oita Prefecture, is the original and head shrine and therefore receives many visitors.

k9471

Most visitors though seem to walk through the grounds and head straight to the main buildings on top of the hill and bypass the extensive park-like grounds....

k9483

I was starting a 5 day walk across the Kunisaki peninsular and as I had been here before I was not interested in visiting the main shrine again, in fact my purpose was to visit a couple of smaller shrines on the hill to the SE which were the original hachiman shrines.

k9490

But before I took a quick walk around the lotus pond hunting fall colors....

k9493

It was early in the morning and a little drizzly, so the light was very muted and diffuse

k9495

k9503

0 comments:

Post a Comment