Friday, August 28, 2009

Looking down on mom.

One of the reasons our Turkey trip was so cheap, I think, is because we flew with Uzbekistan Airways. After spending 4 hours in the middle of the night in the holding tank that is Tashkent Airport Transit Lounge, the leg of our flight to Istanbul flew over some amazing country.

turk5414

Not sure what they are mining here in the middle of the desert.

turk5420

Another very noticeable man-made mark upon the earth.

turk5423

Whenever I travel I spend the whole time with my nose stuck to the window. I was lucky enough to have a window seat, clear skies, and low light of the early morning.

turk5431

I think these very high mountains were in Georgia.

turk5437

Another mine, this time in Turkey

turk5447

The suburbs of Istanbul.

To see the whole sequence of 42 photos, please click below

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures.
    I sometimes try to shoot a few ones through the window, but almost never get any good pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics! Need a good camera to get such clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mountaincat..... not really... I dont have an SLR... just a point and shoot..... a little post-processing is what does it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT pictures. I'm new and really enjoying your blog this past week.

    ReplyDelete