Saturday, January 17, 2009

Typical Japanese Landscape 14

ww4

I had a request from Al over at TravelJapanlblog for more winter pics, so.....

The first one is from my favorite viewpoint over the Gonokawa about 1k upstream from my place. I've posted more pics from the same place.

ww3

All the rest are taken in the area immediately around my house, and they show a most common feature.... mist.....

ww2

I'm not a meteorologist, so I'm not sure exactly what the difference is between cloud, fog, and mist.

ww1

They do say that the tea grown here has a particularly fine taste due to the bushes being kissed by the river mist.

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are amazing. These are some of the most beautiful winter pictures I have seen in a long time. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adriana :)
    I used to spend time in Columbus..... many moons ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those pictures with the essence of simplicity and serenenity. It reminds me of Japanese sumi_e paintings. Thanks for sharing. Such pictures can warm my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your remembered me that the best way to enjoy this blog is drinking a cup of delicious japanese green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can by tea from my neighbor here...
    http://www.goodsfromjapan.com/product/product-list.php?cID=131&cName=Green%20Tea&pID=0&pName=Product-list

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tip. maybe i will try your neighbor´s tea one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! One of my husband's absolute favorite things is mist over the mountains here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir, you are quite talented. Love your photos. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete